President of United Federation of Travel Agents' Associations (UFTAA)
Sunil is a graduate of Commerce & Graduate of Law from Osmania University. He also took up the Master’s Degree in Law.
Founder & CEO : Travel World – established during 1987.
Founder & CEO : Travel World Holidays – a specialist leisure and luxury travel organization – established during 1994
CEO : Online Travel Agency : OK2GO Travel Services Pvt Ltd
Managing Director : Interserve Travels Pvt Ltd, India’s older consortium – currently there are over 50 agencies in India and over 12 agencies, worldwide.
UFTAA - United Federation of Travel Agents Associations
UFTAA: United Federation of Travel Agents Associations, which currently exists in over 70 countries. UFTAA has been most active in promoting a stronger connect between travel associations of the world and representing agency matters with IATA at a global level. UFTAA has been active in promoting “Tourism” and has been partnering with several leading organizations like ITB Asia; SATTE; IMTM; “.travel”; WATA and other organizations and authorities to support a B2B connect in Tourism.
Currently, Sunil Kumar is the Global President of UFTAA.
• Sunil is an active industry stakeholder. He is actively involved in promoting travel and tourism as an important industry and also has been associated with educational institutions to offer MBA in Travel & Tourism.
• TAAI President (2014-2019) : For Six years, served as the President of Travel Agents Association of India – India’s oldest and largest Travel & Tourism Association. Held several leadership positions for about 20 years. Chairman of SIX most popular TAAI Conventions (A.K.A India Travel Congress) in Sri Lanka; Dubai; Bali; Abu Dhabi; Srinagar & Kunming – China.
• Sunil offered extensive industry leadership which featured regular dialogues with IATA & Airlines; Bi-Lateral agreements / MOU’s with Tourism Boards (national & globally) promoting Tourism; organizing Knowledge Conclaves for travel agencies across the country; encouraging travel agencies embrace technology and was consistently involved with innovation and industry pro-active programs.
• He was a speaker at several Global and National events and delivered presentations on the industry; its future and the opportunities.
• Sunil serves on IATA’s PAPGJC – Passenger Agency Program Global Joint Council, which meets at Geneva or Madrid for 3-4 times a year and is involved with regular debates on subjects of governing resolutions on the Agency Program.
• Sunil is a well-known public speaker and a qualified International Trainer. He conducted over 1500 Programs to corporates; Industry leaders; Entrepreneurs; Teachers; Professionals; Government Executives; Students; etc etc, in over 17 countries and continues to associate with “life-changing” and “Skill-development” training programs.
• He was the National President of Indian Jaycees during 1989-90; and served as the World Vice President & World Executive Vice President (The second highest global rank) during 1991 & 1992. He served as the District Governor of Lions Clubs International and currently serves on the International Board of Directors as INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR.
• Sunil visited 86 countries and continues to explore the world and create a strong tourism connect with India as well.